Dermaplaning is a form of exfoliation using a sharp surgical blade to manually and safely scrape off any build-up of keratinised skin cells (stratum corneum) on the face.
This treatment removes vellus hair which can cause build up for debris and oils in the follicle which can cause breakouts and a dull complexion.
Removing epidermal tissue allows active skin care ingredients much greater penetration into the epidermis increasing their effectiveness.
Treatment softens appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and mild scarring. Immediate results – smooth, soft and radiant skin.
Painless treatment with no downtime. Suitable for all skin types and conditions – including sensitivities and redness.
Dermaplaning can be used prior to some additional clinical treatments to increase the effectiveness and produce deeper results.
- Skin physiology and Cellular Turnover
- Types of Hair and Hair life cycle
- Pre-Procedure considerations
- Health and safety implications
- Practical demonstration Dermaplaning protocols
- Combination treatment protocols to boost the effects of the Dermaplaning procedure
- Hands on practice – you are able to receive a treatment as well as perform the treatments
- Business and Marketing – pricing structures and treatment plans